[t13] op x12 "INQUIRY" "vendor id" how distinct

Pat LaVarre p.lavarre at ieee.org
Sun Jun 13 11:01:08 PDT 2004

This message is from the T13 list server.

// Everyone:

I now notice the "2001/04/19" edition of=20
http://www.t10.org/lists/2vid.htm tells us

t10 Vendor ID's will not contain x22 double-quote chars, and

"While the Vendor ID list includes both upper and lowercase characters, =

requests for new Vendor IDs that are the same  as an existing ID except =

for the character case will not be accepted."

// Jeff G:

> > Your libata.ko driver of kernel.org Linux 2.6 is a virtual SCSI=20
> device
>  > now being massively distributed that in fact ships without a =
"vendor
>  > identification" listed at t10.org, specifically the eight byte=20
> string
>  > "ATA=A0=A0=A0=A0 ".
>
> Correct.

Offline I see we're told you yourself, though not a t10 member, can=20
request your vendor ID.

I have accordingly left my employer uninvolved.  I have instead filled=20
out for you the four-field form found buried in the last link of the=20
web trail:

http://www.t10.org/
http://www.t10.org/lists/1spc-lst.htm
http://www.t10.org/lists/2vid.htm
http://www.t10.org/members/vendorid.htm

Specifically I said:

[1] Name: Jeff Garzik

[2] Email: jga... at pob...

[3] Organization Name: Linux drivers/scsi/libata*

[4] Intended usage for Vendor ID: libata.ko driver of kernel.org Linux=20
2.6 is a virtual SCSI device now being massively distributed that in=20
fact ships without a "vendor identification" listed at t10.org,=20
specifically the eight byte string "ATA=A0=A0=A0=A0 "

In reply I was told:

-----

T10 Vendor ID requested

Your T10 Vendor ID request has been forwarded for processing. You will=20
receive an email with your assigned Vendor ID. Usually, this email will =

take one or two business days.

-----

I trust you'll tell me if I did wrong, Pat LaVarre