P-OUT clear service action hanging
bauld at lefthandnetworks.com
Mon Jun 7 16:22:33 PDT 2004
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Brian Auld <bauld at lefthandnetworks.com>
I'm running passthrough commands to a LUN on an MSA1000. My host is
running RH9. I'm using the sg driver provided with this distribution
using the SG_IO option to send the passthrough commands.
I have a previously established reservation that I'm trying to clear.
I'm following the directions in the spec for clearing a a persistent
reservation - specifically, section 188.8.131.52.5 of SPC-2:
(1) My P-OUT command has a service action set to CLEAR 03h.
(2) In my 24 bytes of data transferred to the target with the command,
only the reservation
key field is set to a non-zero value. This value is of course the
previously registered reservation key.
When I execute this command, my driver hangs until it times out and
returns with an error.
Any ideas or history with the MSA1000 that makes it not cooperate well
with P-IN/P-OUT commands?
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10