[t13] 04-136r0.pdf SCSI to ATA Command Translations

Pat LaVarre p.lavarre at IEEE.org
Fri Jun 4 14:36:07 PDT 2004

* Pat LaVarre <p.lavarre at ieee.org>
*
Bruce A:

> ... one example. The transcript below shows information gleaned
> from the output of (ATA) IDENTIFY DEVICE on a sandisk 128 MB compact flash
> card.  The unit reports a model, serial number and firmare version ...

Very helpful, thank you.

> smartctl -a /dev/hdc | more
> smartctl version 5.31 Copyright (C) 2002-4 Bruce Allen

Please could you also easily share the results of:

alias xstrings="tr -d ' \r\n' | perl -wpe 's/(..)/chr hex \$1/eg' | strings"
sudo cat /proc/ide/hdc/identify | xstrings
sudo cat /proc/ide/hdc/identify

I can run the Perl part for you, if need be, all I need from you is:

sudo cat /proc/ide/hdc/identify

Pat LaVarre

P.S.

> http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/