Reporting supported opcodes for an SPC-2 compliant scsi device

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 2 14:47:02 PDT 2004

* George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com>
--=_alternative 0077AA5286256EA7_=

Brian,

In SPC-2 look in section "7.3.5 Command support data". It is part of the
Inquiry command and does not work very well, if you can even find anyone
that has implemented it.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

Brian Auld <bauld at lefthandnetworks.com>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org

06/02/2004 04:08 PM

t10 at t10.org

cc

Subject
Reporting supported opcodes for an SPC-2 compliant scsi device

* Brian Auld <bauld at lefthandnetworks.com>
*
I was hoping I could leverage the knowledge of this board to help me
|from going cross-eyed.

Is there an SPC-2 command that will tell me what opcodes a given scsi
disk device supports? For SPC-3, I'm aware of the 'REPORT SUPPORTED
OPERATION CODES' command, but I don't see that command in the SPC-2
spec? Is there some other way to determine this information?

Working on a linux platform, I'm using the sg driver to send passthrough

commands to my target devices. When I try to issue a persistent
reservation out command, I seem to get into a hung state with a final
return value indicating that a reset occurred. My persistent reservation

in command do seem to work, however.

Thanks,
Brian

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org

--=_alternative 0077AA5286256EA7_=

Command support data". It is part of the Inquiry command and does
not work very well, if you can even find anyone that has implemented it.</font>
Bye for now,<br>
George Penokie<br>
Dept 2C6 &nbsp;114-2 N212<br>
E-Mail: &nbsp; &nbsp;gop at us.ibm.com<br>
Internal: &nbsp;553-5208<br>
External: 507-253-5208 &nbsp; FAX: 507-253-2880<br>
for an SPC-2 compliant scsi device</font></table>
* Brian Auld <bauld at lefthandnetworks.com&gt;<br>
*<br>
I was hoping I could leverage the knowledge of this board to help me <br>
|from going cross-eyed.<br>
Is there an SPC-2 command that will tell me what opcodes a given scsi <br>
disk device supports? For SPC-3, I'm aware of the 'REPORT SUPPORTED <br>
OPERATION CODES' command, but I don't see that command in the SPC-2 <br>
spec? Is there some other way to determine this information?<br>
Working on a linux platform, I'm using the sg driver to send passthrough
commands to my target devices. When I try to issue a persistent <br>
reservation out command, I seem to get into a hung state with a final <br>
return value indicating that a reset occurred. My persistent reservation
in command do seem to work, however.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Brian<br>
*<br>
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with<br>
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org<br>
</tt></font>
--=_alternative 0077AA5286256EA7_=--