Conference Call on 04-088 - Initiator Port -> I_T Nexus wording

Charles Binford Charles.Binford at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 28 06:46:08 PDT 2004

* Charles Binford <Charles.Binford at Sun.COM>

--Boundary_(ID_07Un2p3MS9Cld2ES4k3o8Q)

I asked for input on when would be the best time and several of you
responded.  A key participant was not available Monday so I'm going with
Tuesday (hope that works for you Mark).

Conference Call:
- Tuesday, August 10
- 2:00 PM Central (3:00 Eastern, 1:00 Mountain, 12:00 Pacific (sorry
about lunch))
- duration: 2 hours
- 1-866-545-5224
- access code: 9900404
- Webex info: tbd

cb

Charles Binford wrote:

* From the T10 Reflector ( t10 at t10.org <mailto:t10 at t10.org> ), posted
by: * Charles Binford *
At the last CAP meeting I decided a audio/web call would be a good way
to work through the wording changes resulting from 04-088 (note, 04-088
is out of date, current activity has concentrated on marking up SAM-3
via pdf).

Background:
Most of the proposed changes involve the phrase "SCSI initiator port"
being changed to something along the lines of "I_T nexus".  The purpose
of this set of changes is to tighten up the language describing the
scope of task sets (e.g. when the TST bit is 1) and a variety of other
times the phrase "SCSI initiator port" is used to describe tasks
delivered from a given "initiator".  The issue comes up when the config
allows a single SCSI initiator port to see multiple target ports.  Most
of the time it is not only which SCSI initiator port sent the commands,
but to which target port that matters.

Con-call details:
The details of the con-call have not yet been setup, but here is what
I'm thinking.
- August 9th or 10th. (Monday or Tuesday)
- length 2 hrs.
- start time 11, 1, or 2 Central
- webex
Those of you interested and planning on attending, send me a direct note
indicating your time preference.  Unless I hear a strong preference I go
with:
- 8/9/04, 2:00 pm Central

--

Charles Binford
Sun Microsystems

* * For T10 Reflector information, send a message with * 'info t10' (no
quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
<mailto:majordomo at t10.org>

--

Charles Binford
Sun Microsystems

Charles Binford wrote:
 * From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by: * Charles Binford * At the last CAP meeting I decided a audio/web call would be a good way to work through the wording changes resulting from 04-088 (note, 04-088 is out of date, current activity has concentrated on marking up SAM-3 via pdf).

[...]

CB Email Signature Charles Binford
 Sun Microsystems
 Wichita, KS 67226
 316.315.0382 x222