SBC-2 mandatory vs optional commands

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Tue Jul 20 15:49:52 PDT 2004

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*
The XOR command rules would be like "if XPWRITE (16) is implemented,
then XPWRITE (32) shall be implemented."  This parallels "if any of
WRITE (6)/(10)/(12) is implemented, WRITE (16) shall also be
implemented."  (XPWRITE (32) is the smallest XPWRITE command with long
LBA support)

If T10 really wants to drive implementation of long LBA commands with
SBC-2, then this is consistent; otherwise, we should revoke the
mandatory state of READ (16) and WRITE (16).

I posted a reflector message suggesting obsoleting PRE-FETCH last
October, but didn't get sufficient support to propose it to T10.
Instead, we fixed the CONDITION MET status rules for the command.
You're welcome to suggest obsoleting it in letter ballot.
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org