Call for definition of WORM for SSC-3

Ralph O. Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Thu Jul 15 06:59:56 PDT 2004

* "Ralph O. Weber" <roweber at ieee.org>
*
How does the proposed SSC-3 work relate to the Write-once device
(e.g., some optical disks) device type defined in SBC and made
obsolete in SBC-2?

If this work is important, would it be more appropriate to revise
the SBC definition in SBC-2 instead of making the definition
obsolete?

Please note that I am not at all thrilled by the idea of devoting
two scarce device type codes to a single device type.

All the best,

.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org