SBC-2 FORMAT UNIT - possibly obsolete fields

Pat LaVarre p.lavarre at IEEE.org
Mon Jan 19 15:10:45 PST 2004

* Pat LaVarre <p.lavarre at ieee.org>
*
> In SBC-2,
> (reminder: obsolete just means "defined in previous versions of the
> standard.")
>
> INTERLEAVE (in the CDB)
> An interleave of zero
> specifies
> that the device server use its default interleave. An interleave of one
> specifies that consecutive logical blocks be placed in contiguous
> ascending order. All other values are vendor-specific.

Do we propose obsoleting INTERLEAVE != 0?

> DISABLE SAVING PARAMETERS (DSP) (in the defect list header) ...

We propose to obsolete this in some backwards-compatible way that still
avoids requiring non-volatile memory in the drive?  What is that way?
Require DSP = 1?

Pat LaVarre

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org