January 2004 MMC WG Meeting Announcement

Bill McFerrin billmc at tstar.net
Mon Jan 5 14:34:44 PST 2004

* "Bill McFerrin" <billmc at tstar.net>
*
Dear Members:
A family medical emergency has taken quite a lot of my time and attention
for nearly 2 months.  Being a single parent during this time has been more
difficult than I expected.  Additionally, I had been in the process of
changing my e-mail address from bmcferrin at AOL.com to billmc at tstar.net.
Somehow, I failed to read a number of e-mails.  I apologize for the delay in
answer all that I find.

Kind Regards,
Bill McFerrin

MMC Working Group - Tuesday & Wednesday 13 & 14 January 2004
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

T10 Meeting Week at:
Wyndham Garden Hotel
7475 W. Chandler Blvd.
Chandler, AZ 85226

Phone: 480-961-4444, FAX: 480-940-0269

HOSTED BY: Intel Corporation

Special Notes:
This meeting has been authorized by INCITS T10 and will be conducted under
the NCITS rules. Ad hoc meetings take no final actions, but prepare
recommendations for approval by the NCITS task group. The voting rules for
the meeting are those of the parent committee, INCITS T10. For the ad hoc,
other than straw votes, the voting rules are: one vote per participating
company.

The minutes of this meeting will be posted to the the T10 Reflector and will
be included in the next T10 committee mailing. Attendance at a working group
meeting does not count toward minimum attendance requirements for T10
membership. Working group meetings are open to any person or company to
attend and to express their opinion on the subjects being discussed.

MMC4R02F.PDF was posted to the T10 website after the last meeting.  MMC4R02G
is in progress with modifications according to reflector commentary.

Draft Agenda:
1.0 Opening Remarks

2.0 Introductions

3.0 Document Distribution

4.0 Call for Patents

5.0 Approval of Agenda

6.0 Old Business
Complete review of MMC-4 Draft.  A major issue has been discussed externally
in a MtFuji meeting.  We hope that Emily Hill will be present to report on
the results of that meeting and we can come to a conclusion on the wording
for the Device Busy Event description.

Some other questions/concerns have been pointed out on the reflector:
READ DISC INFORMATION command - Disc Type for DVD media
SEND OPC INFORMATION command - Certain wording, plus note the drive's option
of reporting a parameter list error.

Members are requested to complete their reviews.  If we arrive at a document
that is acceptable to the WG during the meeting, I wish to call a vote for
forwarding to T10.

7.0 New Business
7.1 MMC WG Secretary
I find it difficult to generate accurate and complete meeting notes as I try
to moderate the meeting and also operate as document editor.  I would
appreciate a volunteer for secretary.  This should be a regular MMC
attendee.

Start MMC-5 discussions:
7.2 Presentation of Dual Layer DVD+R Command set differences from DVD+R
7.2 Additional Proposals

8.0 Review of Action Items

9.0 Future Meeting Schedule
10 & 11 March 2004.
Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort
25135 Park Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629
949-661-5000/800-545-7483

10.0 Adjournment

Regards,
Bill McFerrin, (CD Edge, Inc) for Philips Electronics, NA

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org