More SBC-2 items to obsolete

Pat LaVarre p.lavarre at IEEE.org
Mon Aug 30 09:52:41 PDT 2004

* Pat LaVarre <p.lavarre at ieee.org>
*
> Adaptec has application clients that currently exploit READ LONG and
> WRITE LONG.  I would like to see them remain a part of the standard
> until Data Protection has had some time to roll out and mature in the
> marketplace.

Ditto.  Kindly offline I'm told, among the SCSI pass thru tools of the
web,

We just recently saw people writing a NEW tool to force "MEDIUM ERROR"
on SATA disks via "WRITE LONG" of what was not "READ LONG", near

http://www.google.com/search?q=sg+utils+home+page

Pat LaVarre
http://plavarre.blog-city.com/read/614076.htm

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org