Streaming device questions

RRose at exabyte.com RRose at exabyte.com
Mon Aug 23 08:25:44 PDT 2004

* RRose at exabyte.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C48925.751A7540

A slight clarification on the overlength variable mode read.  The read
will always succeed to the extent that it will return valid data up to
the lesser of the amount requested or the amount available.

The read may end with either a Check Condition or Good status depending
upon the setting of the SILI bit and various other factors (e.g.
transfer length, actual record size on tape, and block size in the
current mode select).  All covered in the sections Michael referenced.

-roger

 ]