SCSI Disk Attach Profile information

Ralph O. Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Thu Aug 5 07:58:39 PDT 2004

* "Ralph O. Weber" <roweber at ieee.org>
*
As our colleagues at the IETF are fond of reminding us ...

"Standards that require profiles are not real standards."

Fortunately, the attempts to profile SCSI in Fibre Channel
standards have been excised in FC-DA, and since FC-DA
replaces FC-PLDA, that bogus SCSI profiling past is
completely behind us now.

The SCSI standards are done right. Read the standard.
The requirements are spelled out there.

In this case, read SPC-3 and SBC-2.

Regards,

.Ralph