SAS1.1 CJTPAT

Kido Shogo kido-sxa at necst.nec.co.jp
Mon Apr 26 03:51:01 PDT 2004

* "Kido Shogo" <kido-sxa at necst.nec.co.jp>
*
Hi all,

I have some questions about AnnexA compliant jitter test pattern (CJTPAT)
in SAS-1.1 rev4.

I would like to make clear abvout CJTPAT of the expander.

case:1     Expander:A  ----- target device:B

I understand the usage of the CJTPAT in this case are follows.
If my understanding is wrong, please let me know.

0. Expander:A becomes a CJTPAT mode by SMP or the other way.
    Target deicve:B is a normal mode.
1. Expander:A sends ssp command frame(write command).
2. Target device:B sends ssp xfer_rdy frame.
3. Expander:A sends ssp data frame(CJTPAT).
4. It repeats CJTPAT.
5. Traget device:B sends ssp response frame.

case:2     Expander:A ---- HBA:B

I do not understand the usage of the CJTPAT in this case.
Please let me know.

case:3     Expander:A ---- Expander:B

I do not understand the usage of the CJTPAT in this case.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
  Shogo Kido
  NEC System Technologies, Ltd.