MMC-4: Clarification and correction proposal for Read Disc Information, field State of Last Session

David Burg dburg at nero.com
Thu Apr 22 11:12:43 PDT 2004

* "David Burg" <dburg at nero.com>
*
Hello,

I propose to clarify "6.26.2.3 State of Last Session", changing:

"The State of Last Session field is defined in Table 370. For media that is
not recordable in sessions,
this field shall be 11h."

By

"For media that is recordable in sessions (CD-R/RW, DDCD, DVD-R/RW), the
State of Last Session field is defined in Table 370. For media that is not
recordable in sessions (DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM/DVD-Video), this
field shall be 11b (Completed)."

Notice that "11h" is changed to "11b" - obviously, 11h wouldn't fit in 2
bits.

Table 370 name could be changed from "State of Last Session" to "State of
Last Session for media recordable in sessions". It would avoid confusion on
blank DVD+RW for instance, where "State of Last Session" field is 11b
although Disc Status is 00b.

Notice that I am not hundred percent sure about what media are recordable in
sessions or not. If I made a mistake, please correct me.

Best regards,

David Burg

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Ahead Software AG     phone: +49 (0)7248 911 862 (direct line)
Im Stoeckmaedle 18    fax:   +49 (0)7248 911 888
76307 Karlsbad        email: dburg at nero.com
Germany               http://www.nero.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org