Periodic Notifies

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) elliott at hp.com
Wed Apr 21 15:28:01 PDT 2004

* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <elliott at hp.com>
*
If a SAS disk drive has been stopped for some reason and receives a
START STOP UNIT command requesting it START again, it is supposed to
wait to do so until a NOTIFY (ENABLE SPINUP) shows up.  If the initiator
or expander to which the drive is attached does not send it, the command
will hang.  Any timeout is (so far) vendor-specific.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org