SES-2: SES-2 Array Device Element Question

Kevin_Marks at Dell.com Kevin_Marks at Dell.com
Tue Apr 20 22:04:27 PDT 2004

* <Kevin_Marks at Dell.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4275E.1EEA5C76

Rob, All,

=20

I'm curious why the Array Device Element for Control Diagnostics page
does not have a bit for RQST FAULT like the Device Element, yet the
Array Device Element Status page has a FAULT REQSTED bit.  From my
perspective, the RAID stack is the main entity that would have the
knowledge of a failed drive, so shouldn't the ability to turn on a
visual indicator for a failed device be required.  Am I missing
something or is the just an error?

=20

Also curious why RQST INSERT and DEVICE OFF were not also included in
the Array Device Element, as the Device Element?

=20

Thanks

=20

Kevin

=20

=20

Kevin Marks
Storage Architecture and Technologies

=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4275E.1EEA5C76

 Rob, All,   I;m curious why the Array Device Element for = Control Diagnostics page does not have a bit for RQST FAULT like the Device = Element, yet the Array Device Element Status page has a FAULT REQSTED bit. =  From my perspective, the RAID stack is the main entity that would have the = knowledge of a failed drive, so shouldn;t the ability to turn on a visual = indicator for a failed device be required.  Am I missing something or is the = just an error?   Also curious why RQST INSERT and DEVICE OFF were not = also included in the Array Device Element, as the Device = Element?   Thanks   Kevin     Kevin Marks