mmcr403 tupo - hex of READ op again in dispute

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Thu Apr 15 13:52:56 PDT 2004

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*

It is certainly true the the READ(10) op code (from SBC) is 28h and not
18h. This sounds like something the MMC-4 editor cn fix without
controversy.

                      Pat LaVarre
                      rg>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: mmcr403 tupo - hex of READ op again in dispute
                      owner-t10 at t10.org
                      No Phone Info
                      Available

                      04/15/2004 12:24
                      PM

* Pat LaVarre <p.lavarre at ieee.org>
*
> --- http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/drafts/mmc4/mmc4r03.pdf
>
> 5.3.9 DVD Read Feature (001Fh) ...
> Table 94 -- DVD READ Feature Commands \...
> 18h ... READ(10) ... 6.19 ...
> 6.19 READ (10) Command ...
> Table 333 -- Features Associated ...
> ... 001Fh ... DVD Read ...
> ---
>
> I claim that 18h ishave published 18h.

Ironic.  I see that garbled sentence echoed, and I regret that you did
too, but my machine assisted memory remembers me having typed the
radically distinct text:

I claim that 18h is a tupographical error.  We mean to say 28h, but we
have published 18h.

> In this instance, the plain hex is incorrect, only the natural
> language is correct.

Agreed?

Pat LaVarre
https://lists.one-eyed-alien.net/pipermail/usb-storage/2004-April/