MMC4 SET CD SPEED change to SET SPEED

Bmcferrin at aol.com Bmcferrin at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 22:57:58 PDT 2003

* Bmcferrin at aol.com
*

--part1_5b.3db5ee6b.2c86dce6_boundary

Henry,
I never intended it to be mandatory.  The corrections were put into 2d.
I considered them more editorial errors than technical.  But OK.  It is
history.

I will upload 2d later tonight.

Bill

Hello Bill,

I also agree with Katata-san and support his statements.  The SET (CD)
SPEED
command must remain as optional based on the feature settings.  Please
update tables 183, 185, 187, 189, 191, 193, 195, 197, 199, 203, 205 to
have
the (C) superscript (which means the command is optional based on the
feature settings) added to all instances of the SET (CD) SPEED command.

I believe this was an editorial error, since the description of the
command
itself on page 457 shows the command as optional.  Therefore, I imagine
you
will not have any problems with the above update to the documentation.

Sincerely,

Henry Gabryjelski
Microsoft Corporation