Additional 32-byte data integrity commands

Holt, Keith kholt at lsil.com
Wed Oct 22 15:07:41 PDT 2003

* "Holt, Keith" <kholt at lsil.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C398E8.E94CDB8E

Re:  03-307r2, SBC, 32 Byte Commands for End-to-End Data Protection

Jim,

I would like ask that you consider defining additional 32-byte data
integrity commands in 03-307 as follows:

WRITE AND VERIFY (32) with BYTCHK option
WRITE SAME (32)
VERIFY (32) with BYTCHK option

I feel that the inclusion of the BYTCHK option is especially important.
The end-to-end protection mechanism can be used to ensure that the data
made it intact from point A to point B, but does nothing to ensure
persistency.  The byte check option is an existing mechanism that can be
used to validate persistency.

Keith

--
Keith Holt
LSI Logic Storage Systems Inc.
keith.holt at lsil.com
316-636-8665

------_=_NextPart_001_01C398E8.E94CDB8E

 Additional 32-byte data integrity commands Re:  03-307r2, SBC, 32 Byte = Commands for End-to-End Data Protection Jim, I would like ask that you consider = defining additional 32-byte data integrity commands in 03-307 as = follows: WRITE AND VERIFY (32) with BYTCHK = option
WRITE SAME (32)
VERIFY (32) with BYTCHK option I feel that the inclusion of the = BYTCHK option is especially important.  The end-to-end protection = mechanism can be used to ensure that the data made it intact from point = A to point B, but does nothing to ensure persistency.  The byte = check option is an existing mechanism that can be used to validate = persistency. Keith --
keith.holt at lsil.com
316-636-8665

------_=_NextPart_001_01C398E8.E94CDB8E--