Unknow command 0x23

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Thu Oct 16 13:24:47 PDT 2003

* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
Have you somehow caused Windows XP to think that your
device is a CD/DVD-ROM?

Operation code 23h is defined as READ FORMAT CAPACITIES
for CD/DVD devices. That seems like a command one might
expect after an INQUIRY ... if one were a CD/DVD device.

Otherwise, operation code 23h is not reserved for SBC
devices. Operation code 23h is marked Vendor Specific.

Note: Annex C of SPC-3 contains a numeric list of
operation code values and assigned uses.
(http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/drafts/spc3/spc3r15.pdf)

All the best,

.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org