Persistent Reservations confusion

pat_thaler at agilent.com pat_thaler at agilent.com
Wed Oct 15 16:15:18 PDT 2003

* pat_thaler at agilent.com
*
I agree with Michael that "the same target ports" is a very confusing phrase. The same as what?

Perhaps it means the "the same set of target ports". That is, the multiple initiator ports each use the same set of target ports - if Initiator 1 uses ports A, B and C then initiator 2 also uses ports A, B and C. It isn't clear why this would be important.

Or is the intended meaning "multiple ports on the same target"? I think this matches what Steve said: "the Reservation key is global in the target."

Also, why is it "different target ports" in the last sentence. It seems that the "different" target ports could mean the same ports as the "same" target ports in the multiple initiator sentence. It should probably be "multiple target ports".

Pat