FW: Device Identification VPD page typo in SPC3

Mor Griv mor at SANRAD.COM
Sun Oct 12 09:52:55 PDT 2003

* "Mor Griv" <mor at SANRAD.COM>
*
Hi Ralph,

I'm resending this message after 4 months of no response. This time I've added you, the SPC3 editor, as the recipient.
I would like to get a response whether I'm right and this is a technical typo or I misunderstood something.
This sections haven't changed up to SCP3r15.

Regards,
Mor

-----Original Message-----
From: Mor Griv
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 6:48 PM
To: t10 at t10.org
Subject: Device Identification VPD page typo in SPC3

* "Mor Griv" <mor at SANRAD.COM>
*
The proposal 02-454r0 ("SPC-3 Add NAA=2 format to VPD 83") was incorporated in SPC3r10 with a typo and hasn't been corrected since.
I'll refer to SPC3r13 so that the section numbers will be clear.

In section "7.6.4.5.2 NAA IEEE Extended identifier format" there is an error in "Table 279 — NAA IEEE Extended IDENTIFIER field format".

The IEEE COMPANY_ID field should contains a 24 bit canonical form OUI but the table allocates only 16 bits.
The VENDOR SPECIFIC IDENTIFIER B should contains a 24 bit numeric value but the table allocates 32 bits.

The boundary of the IEEE COMPANY_ID and VENDOR SPECIFIC IDENTIFIER B should be between bytes 4 and 5 and not 3 and 4 as it is illustrated in the original proposal.

Regards,
Mor
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org