spc-3 asymmetric lu access

Rich Ramos t10 at RichRamos.com
Tue Nov 4 10:24:47 PST 2003

* Rich Ramos <t10 at RichRamos.com>
*

In section 5.7.5 of SPC-3 "Transitions between target port asymmetric
states"...

Sub-section (a) gives two options of responses.  One is to return
BUSY and one is to return "LOGICAL UNIT NOT ACCESSIBLE, ASYMMETRIC
STATE TRANSITION"

However...

sub-section (b) only gives one possibility and that is to return
"LOGICAL UNIT NOT ACCESSIBLE, ASYMMETRIC STATE TRANSITION".

This seems to be inconsistent.  It would seem like both should either
give two options (busy and the long one...) or both should only give
one option (just the long one).

For the sake  of interoperability, can I suggest that we take out the
BUSY option for sub-section (a)?

If, on the other hand, there is some technical reason to have BUSY in
section (a) then shouldn't it also be true for section (b)?  (hope
this isn't the case and that it can just be removed)

-Rich

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org