[T10] DAP bit in READ_CD command

Pat LaVarre LAVARRE at iomega.com
Fri May 16 11:41:28 PDT 2003

* "Pat LaVarre" <LAVARRE at iomega.com>
*
Two thanks:

1)

Ah, first ever to me from @microsoft.com, a message for which Outlook here mysteriously says "This message is clear text signed. The signature has not been verified and message content will not be carried forward on a reply or forward."

2)

And courtesy mmc4r02.pdf re op xBE ReadCD, some fun ANSI text that personally I have never before now read:

"Digital Audio Play (DAP) [CDB byte 1 mask x02] is used to control error concealment when the data being read is CD-DA. If the data being read is not CD-DA, DAP shall be ignored. If the data being read is CD-DA and DAP is cleared to zero, then the user data returned to the Initiator shall not be modified by flaw obscuring mechanisms such as audio data mute and interpolate. If the data being read is CD-DA and DAP is set to one, then the user data returned to the Initiator shall be modified by flaw obscuring mechanisms such as audio data mute and interpolate."

Useful, aye.

Pat LaVarre