Receive Copy Results list identifier

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at compuserve.com
Mon May 5 08:12:52 PDT 2003

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
*
Dear Mr. Nemeth;

The descriptions for the RECEIVE DATA and FAILED SEGMENT DETAILS
service actions already contain an explicit statement of the
same requirement cited in the RECEIVE COPY RESULTS command
introduction section.

Only the COPY STATUS service action needs the cited statement but
does not include it.

Unless objections are raised, I will make the following change
in SPC-3 r13.

Move the cited requirement:
  from: the RECEIVE COPY RESULTS command introduction section
  to:   the COPY STATUS service action

In view of the existing requirements in the RECEIVE DATA and
FAILED SEGMENT DETAILS  service actions, the effect of the change
will be to allow the OPERATING PARAMETERS service action to
ignore the List Identifier field.

Regards,

Ralph Weber
SPC-3 Editor