Proposa#3: Group 3 time out for MMC device

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Mar 10 00:28:44 PST 2003

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Hello all,

I put revised proposal document of Group 3 time out as follows.
 ftp://ftp.avc-pioneer.com/Mtfuji5/Proposal/Mar03/PG3TRev.zip

As the result of SWG, the document was cleated. As my action item, I added
new section "2.6 Relationship of Group 3 time unit and Unit length".
Following section number are changed.

By the way, according to Table 75-Error Handling on Stream
recording/playback operation, in case of "Defective block registered in
defect list and replaced", "READ (12) with Streaming bit is one" shall
report "No Error (Defect list is ignored, Null (00h) data shall be returned
for Blocks listed in a defect list[a])".

In case of "Defective block registered in defect list, but not replaced or
Defective block with Recording Type bit set to 1", table says "In response
to the VERIFY Command, the Logical Unit shall report an error".

I would like to confirm that in case of "Defective block registered in
defect list and replaced", which blocks shall be checked by Verify(10)
command with G3tout=1?

Please send any comment.

Best regards,

Keiji Katata