Persistent Reservation question

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Fri Jun 13 18:10:47 PDT 2003

There are two paragraphs that discuss SPEC_I_PT.

The first is really the PARAMETER DATA LENGTH paragraph, noting that the
length must be 24 if SPEC_I_PT is 0.

The second, above table 107, is the main SPEC_I_PT paragraph.  It does
mention that the additional parameter data, if present, is ignored
(rather than saying the SPEC_I_PT bit is ignored).

All three bits are mentioned in Table 108 (part 2), which marks them
valid/ignored for the same service actions.

> Also, if the SPEC_I_PT or ALL_TG_PT bits are
> set for the appropriate Service Actions but
> the Target does not support the option should
> the Target return the same error information
> as it does for the APTPL bit being incorrectly
> set?

If the logical unit was based on SPC-2, INVALID FIELD IN PARAMETER LIST
would be returned by logical units that check reserved fields.  Nothing
would be reported by logical units that do not check reserved fields.
If designed with SPC-3 knowledge, it is supposed to return INVALID FIELD
IN PARAMETER LIST.  The APTPL bit has always been defined, so it's safe
to require it be checked in all versions of SPC-n.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org