SBP-3 isochronous data transfer greater than 64 kiB

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Thu Jul 24 13:57:08 PDT 2003

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
On May 12, Andy Green noted that changes to isochronous ORBs discussed and
agreed by the working group back in February, 2003, had not been included
in SBP-3 Revision 4. T10/03-265r0
(ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.03/03-265r0.pdf) proposes to remedy this by
modifying the SBP-3 working draft and requesting T10 to initiate a second
public review.

Please comment on the reflector; since we are no longer meeting
face-to-face, it's important for the working group's opinion to be reported
to T10. Timely feedback is important, as I am obligated to publish SBP-3
Revision 4a on the T10 web site by August 27 if a vote is to be taken at
the T10 plenary September 11.

If the proposed changes are adopted, the only anticipated effect on the
draft standard is a delay in its official publication until later this
year. This is necessary to accommodate a second public review. I base my
opinion on the fact that no comments were received during initial public
review.

Regards,

Peter Johansson
Project Leader, SBP-3