PR PREEMPT with no reservation at all

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at compuserve.com
Wed Jul 16 21:19:31 PDT 2003

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
*
I am concerned about how PREEMPT AND ABORT would end
up having to abort tasks in the absence of an existing
reservation.

To me, this seems to open up a back-channel mechanism
for managing tasks outside reservations.

It seems likely that T10 will frequently fail to consider
these back-channel task management implications when
approving new Persistent Reservations features. The net
result of that will be an unending stream of fixup
proposals that George will have to author.

We need to think carefully about this move.

Regards,

.Ralph

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org