Preempt and Abort Service Action and ACA

Ken Craig kcraig at istor.com
Thu Jul 3 09:49:54 PDT 2003

* "Ken Craig" <kcraig at istor.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C34183.20EBCB2E

George,
=20
My question revolved around the first sentence of Section 5.5.2.7.5,
Step A.
My example is the faulting Initiator, who is registered with a LUN
currently
under an All Registrants type of reservation, sending a Preempt and
Abort
with a Sevice Action Reservation Key of 0 and the ACA task attribute.
In
this case (according to the Preempt and Abort flow chart) the faulting
Initiator is not going to be preempted so the ACA condition is not =
going
be cleared.  My interpretation of the first sentence in Step A tells me
the
Preempt and Abort should fail.  If I'm interpreting your answer
correctly you
seem to be saying that Step A in the above Section would be ignored for
faulting Initiators or Step A is meant to only apply to non-faulting
Initiators
who send the Preempt and Abort so I'm looking for a little bit more
clarification.
=20
Thanks,
Kenneth Ray Craig, Jr.