SAS: Primitives allowed between SOF and EOF?

Dennis Moore dmoore at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 20 12:02:42 PST 2003

* "Dennis Moore" <dmoore at ix.netcom.com>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C2D8D7.F8A4BFB0

What primiitives are allowed between SOF and EOF? My interpretation is
as follows:
ALIGN(x)
ERROR
NOTIFY(X)
ACK
CREDIT_BLOCKED
NAK
RRDY(X)
SATA_HOLD
SATA_HOLDA
SATA_SYNC
SATA_ERROR
=20
I'm not sure about BREAK. It seems this would not be allowed.
Please confirm or correct the above list.
=20
If a primitive not allowed between SOF and EOF does show up, what is =
the
appropriate response?
Discard the frame, NAK the frame, ignore the primitive, process the
primitive????
=20
Thank you,
dmoore at ix.netcom.com
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C2D8D7.F8A4BFB0

 What primiitives are allowed between = SOF and EOF?=20 My interpretation is as follows:
 ALIGN(x)
 ERROR
 NOTIFY(X)
 ACK
 CREDIT_BLOCKED
 NAK
 RRDY(X)
 SATA_HOLD
 SATA_HOLDA
 SATA_SYNC
 SATA_ERROR

 I'm not sure about BREAK. It seems = this would not=20 be allowed.
 Please confirm or correct the above=20 list.

 If a primitive not allowed between SOF = and EOF does=20 show up, what is the appropriate response?
 Discard the frame, NAK the frame, = ignore the=20 primitive, process the primitive????

 Thank you,
 dmoore at ix.netcom.com

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C2D8D7.F8A4BFB0--