SAS rate matching - ALIGNs in OPEN

Seto, Pak-lung pak-lung.seto at intel.com
Tue Feb 18 15:11:55 PST 2003

* "Seto, Pak-lung" <pak-lung.seto at intel.com>

From: Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) [mailto:Elliott at hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:40 PM
To: t10 at t10.org
Subject: SAS rate matching - ALIGNs in OPEN

sas-r03 7.15 Rate matching says:
    The OPEN address frame itself may or may not have ALIGNs
interspersed.

A letter ballot comment asked that we be very precise in mandating that
the first dword after the OPEN address frame shall be an ALIGN,
yielding:

    After transmitting the OPEN address frame, the source phy shall
start rate matching at the selected connection rate. The first dword
after the EOF shall be an ALIGN or NOTIFY for rate matching.

Should I keep or delete the sentence about ALIGNs (and NOTIFYs) in the
OPEN address frame?  It's true, but might lead someone to think they
should start rate matching in the OPEN (there's probably no reason to do
so).

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org