UA interlock & multiple initiators

Mallikarjun C. cbm at rose.hp.com
Fri Feb 14 15:43:20 PST 2003

* "Mallikarjun C." <cbm at rose.hp.com>
*
In looking through SPC-3 r09 for UA interlock (clause 8.4.6, table 223)
semantics, we couldn't find the answer to this question:

When UA interlock is enabled (UA_INTLCK_CTRL = 11b), does the
device server establish a interlocked-UA condition for all initiators, or just
for the initiator whose task just terminated with BUSY/TASK SET FULL/
RESERVATION CONFLICT?

I am thinking that it's the latter - i..e the interlocked UA is established only for
the I_T nexus that just had a failed command - because I could not come up with
a rationale for stalling all other initiators.  SPC-3 however, is not explicit about it.

Comments?
--
Mallikarjun

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka