BREAK not allowed inside a connection in SAS

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 12 14:38:42 PST 2003

* George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com>
*

Rob,

I was surprised to read in section 7.1.3.5 "Redundant primitive sequence"
the following statement:

"Redundant primitive sequences shall only be detected outside of a
connection. "

Unless I missed something BREAK is a redundant primitive and it certainly
is allowed inside a connection. In fact a BREAK outside a connection is not
very interesting. So needless to say this can be added to my SAS comments
and needs to be fixed.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org