[t13] Fwd: why not H = C = D ModeSense6 for just the header

Eschmann, Michael K michael.k.eschmann at intel.com
Tue Feb 11 15:19:14 PST 2003

This message is from the T13 list server.

FYI, this is an issue with the Microsoft driver (supplied with their Windows 2000 OS) is not converting the SCSI 6-byte CDB to the 10-byte CDB format.  ATAPI drives don't understand the 6-byte format of "Mode Sense" (am I wrong?), so I believe this issue that MS reported has nothing to do with odd "byte" issues that you've been, er, peddling.  MKE.