SAS SMP Physical link rate fields: 4h/5h vs 5h/6h

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Wed Feb 5 07:59:30 PST 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2CD2F.91921C04

Steve Fairchild noticed a discrepency in the DISCOVER function
NEGOTIATED PHYSICAL LINK RATE field and the HARDWARE/PROGRAMMED
MAXIMUM/MINIMUM PHYSICAL LINK RATE fields in both DISCOVER and PHY
CONTROL.  See 10.3.1.4 and 10.3.1.9 in sas-r03b.

The NEGOTIATED field uses 4h for 1.5 Gbps and 5h for 3.0 Gbps; the
others use 5h for 1.5 Gbps and 6h for 3.0 Gbps.=20

I plan to change all of them to follow the NEGOTIATED field and use 4h
for 1.5 Gbps and 5h for 3.0 Gbps.=20
--=20
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com=20
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology=20
 <https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott>
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2CD2F.91921C04

SAS SMP Physical link rate fields: 4h/5h vs 5h/6h Steve Fairchild noticed a discrepency = in the DISCOVER function NEGOTIATED PHYSICAL LINK RATE field and the = HARDWARE/PROGRAMMED MAXIMUM/MINIMUM PHYSICAL LINK RATE fields in both = DISCOVER and PHY CONTROL.  See 10.3.1.4 and 10.3.1.9 in = sas-r03b. The NEGOTIATED field uses 4h for 1.5 = Gbps and 5h for 3.0 Gbps; the others use 5h for 1.5 Gbps and 6h for 3.0 = Gbps. I plan to change all of them to follow = the NEGOTIATED field and use 4h for 1.5 Gbps and 5h for 3.0 = Gbps.
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com