XPWRITE data integrity

Edward A. Gardner eag at ophidian.com
Tue Dec 16 08:34:29 PST 2003

* "Edward A. Gardner" <eag at ophidian.com>
*
At 07:58 16-12-2003, George Penokie wrote:

>Jim,
>
>I vote for simple. The end-to-end protection is primarily for end-to-end
>protection not side-to-side protection (e.g., RAID-5). If it happens to
>help out on side-to-side protection then that's nice but I see no reason
>to add in complexity to accomplish that.
>
>Bye for now,
>George Penokie

Well said.

If we start out with simple, we can always add a more complex mode later
if/when we have a proven need for it.  If we start out with complex, we'll
be stuck with it forever even though no one but qual testers will ever use it.

Edward A. Gardner               eag at ophidian dot com
Ophidian Designs                719 593-8866 voice
1262 Hofstead Terrace           719 210-7200 cell
Colorado Springs, CO  80907

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org