SAS address frame field ambiguity

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 8 09:12:35 PST 2003

* George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com>
--=_alternative 005E7FFB86256DF6_=

Uma,

The SAS address field, in the places you indicated, does not indicate
MSB/LSB because the SAS address field is defined as containing multiple
fields. All usages of the SAS address field should reference the
location were the field was originally defined which does contain the
MSB/LSB information. In this case that is 4.2.2 SAS addresses. I will
submit a request to the SAS editor to add in references to that section
|from the places in SAS 1.1 that use the SAS address field.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

	uma r <uma.ramanathan at perfectus.com>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org

12/05/2003 05:38 PM