SAS rate matching

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Tue Apr 8 07:50:41 PDT 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2FDDE.39B0DD61

I've received a few comments on rate matching in sas-r03f:=20

1.  In section 7.13 Rate matching:=20
"A phy shall stop inserting ALIGNs and NOTIFYs for rate matching after
transmitting the first dword in a=20
CLOSE."=20

needs to says "in a CLOSE or a BREAK" since rate matching must end =
after
breaking a connection too.=20

2.  Is it clear to everyone/anyone that the ALIGNs inserted for clock
skew management are independent of any ALIGNs inserted for rate
matching?  If you're rate matching, you're not exempt from inserting an
extra ALIGN every 2048 dwords.  Should I add text in 7.3 Clock skew
management and 7.13 Rate matching that explicitly mentions this?

--=20
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com=20
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology=20
 <https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott>
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2FDDE.39B0DD61

SAS rate matching I've received a few comments on rate = matching in sas-r03f: 1.  In section 7.13 Rate = matching:
;A phy shall stop inserting = ALIGNs and NOTIFYs for rate matching after transmitting the first dword = in a
CLOSE.; needs to says ;in a CLOSE or a = BREAK; since rate matching must end after breaking a connection = too. 2.  Is it clear to = everyone/anyone that the ALIGNs inserted for clock skew management are = independent of any ALIGNs inserted for rate matching?  If you're = rate matching, you're not exempt from inserting an extra ALIGN every = 2048 dwords.  Should I add text in 7.3 Clock skew management and = 7.13 Rate matching that explicitly mentions this? --
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com