dance of the media serial numbers (using LOG SENSE)

Emily Hill emhill at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Oct 31 12:56:38 PST 2002

* "Emily Hill" <emhill at windows.microsoft.com>

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28120.0150BFEC

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help.  As you may remember, we tried this.  However, as
we discussed at the last meeting, this is actually problematic.  READ
ATTRIBUTE is a 16 byte command.  Since we're trying to create something
that is useful for ATAPI devices, most of which don't support 16 byte
commands, this won't work.  That's when the idea of using LOG SENSE was
proposed, which is why Rob asked the questions below.  Incidentally, we
could still use some help with the answers to these from those who are
much more familiar with them than we are.

=20

Thanks,

Emily

=20