SAS Protocol-Specific mode page - make short format optional

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Mon Oct 28 18:01:22 PST 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27EEF.14AD03DA

The short format mode page (with the I_T Nexus Loss time field) has
always been marked in SAS as required.=20

I suggest we change the mode page to be optional, and define that if =
the
mode page is not implemented, the target is expected to implement the
I_T nexus loss timer using a default value of 2 s (just like a target
with the mode page that hasn't been programmed yet).

--=20
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com=20
Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology=20
Hewlett-Packard=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27EEF.14AD03DA

SAS Protocol-Specific mode page - make short format = optional The short format mode page (with the = I_T Nexus Loss time field) has always been marked in SAS as = required. I suggest we change the mode page to = be optional, and define that if the mode page is not implemented, the = target is expected to implement the I_T nexus loss timer using a = default value of 2 s (just like a target with the mode page that hasn't = been programmed yet). --
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Industry Standard Server Storage = Advanced Technology
Hewlett-Packard

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27EEF.14AD03DA--