Project proposal for SAS-2

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Wed Oct 23 09:21:34 PDT 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27AB0.40D3097E

A project proposal (02-429r0) for Serial Attached SCSI - 2 (SAS-2) has
been posted to  <http://www.t10.org/new.htm> http://www.t10.org/new.htm
for the T10 Plenary on 7 November 2002.  The INCITS public review =
target
date is December 2004.

This project is intended for:=20
a) corrections (as SAS products are debugged in 2003, issues will =
surely
arise); and=20
b) protocol enhancements (e.g. relative offset, power management, any
changes needed to support SATA II). =20

The proposal does not recommend or prohibit specifying a 6 Gbps link
rate (I suggest that be done in SAS-3).=20

--=20
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com=20
Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology=20
Hewlett-Packard=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27AB0.40D3097E

Project proposal for SAS-2 A project proposal (02-429r0) for = Serial Attached SCSI - 2 (SAS-2) has been posted to http://www.t10.org/new.htm for the T10 Plenary on 7 November 2002.  The = INCITS public review target date is December 2004. This project is intended for:
a) corrections (as SAS products are = debugged in 2003, issues will surely arise); and
b) protocol enhancements (e.g. = relative offset, power management, any changes needed to support SATA = II).  The proposal does not recommend or = prohibit specifying a 6 Gbps link rate (I suggest that be done in = SAS-3). --
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Industry Standard Server Storage = Advanced Technology
Hewlett-Packard

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27AB0.40D3097E--