[SAS] Current Physical Link Rate?

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Tue Oct 15 13:57:05 PDT 2002

Writing the PROGRAMMED MIN/MAX fields doesn't cause anything to
immediately change.  That just means the next time a link reset sequence
occurs, the phy will honor those limits.  In the interim, the CURRENT
PHYSICAL LINK RATE could be outside the PROGRAMMED MIN/MAX bounds.

It'll always fall within the HARDWARE MIN/MAX bounds.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology
Hewlett-Packard

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org