SAS SSP Link Layer
vetri at lsil.com
Mon Oct 7 12:15:39 PDT 2002
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Ayyavu, Vetrivel" <vetri at lsil.com>
I have questions about the section 126.96.36.199 SSP_D1:DONE_Wait state
description (Page 171 in Revision 2 - 23September 2002 spec).
This is the paragraph..........
"If the DONE Received parameter has not been received from the
SSP_R1:Receive state when the Wait For DONE Parameter is received from the
SSP_TF4:Indicate_DONE_Tx state, this state shall initialize the DONE timeout
timer to 1ms. If the Wait For DONE parameter was received with the Close
Connection argument or the Credit Timeout argument, the DONE timeout timer
shall be re-initialized to 1ms each time the EOF Received parameter is
received from the SSP_R1:Receive state"
The questions are.....
1. Why ACK/NAK Timeout has not been included as an argument to re-initialize
the DONE timer? is it typo?.
2. Why do we need the arguments (Close Connection or Credit Timeout or
ACK/NAK Timeout etc) from the SSP_TF4: Indicate_DONE_Tx state? What if we
re-initialize the DONE timer without knowing the arguments? (ie."If the Wait
For DONE parameter was received, the DONE timeout timer shall be
re-initialized to 1ms each time the EOF Received parameter is received from
the SSP_R1:Receive state").
As I understood, this state requests SL state to transmit either CLOSE or
If the DONE Received parameter is received ---> Sends CLOSE
If the DONE Received parameter is not received and DONE Timeout ---> Sends
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10