Load Unload Hold bit vs. Control Mode page Autoload Mode

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 1 21:06:52 PDT 2002

* "Kevin D Butt" <kdbutt at us.ibm.com>
*
All,

I have a question regarding the removal from the Load Unload command the
paragraph
*******
If the AUTOLOAD MODE field in the control mode page (see SPC-2) is
changeable or a MODE SENSE
command reports a value in the AUTOLOAD MODE field other than zero, the
device server shall support a
value of one for the HOLD bit.
*******
|from SSC-2.  Was this intentional?  We need to state the precedence of the
AUTOLOAD MODE vs. the LOAD UNLOAD HOLD bit.  If the mode page setting is
changeable do we ignore the HOLD bit?  Does the HOLD bit take precedence
over the mode page setting? etc.?

Regards,

Kevin D. Butt
Fibre Channel & SCSI Architect
IBM Tape Microcode,
6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ  85744
Tie-line 321; Office: 520-799-5280, Lab: 799-2869, Fax: 799-4138, Email:
kdbutt at us.ibm.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org