ssc2 SPACE CODE's above 7 defined where

Pat LaVarre LAVARRE at iomega.com
Sun Nov 3 14:01:18 PST 2002

* "Pat LaVarre" <LAVARRE at iomega.com>
*
Back in the days of ssc-r22, op x11 was named SPACE
and its CODE field was cdb[1] & x07.  SSC2 redefines
op x11 to be SPACE(6) with a CODE field grown to
include cdb[1] & x0F.

But the "Table 24 - Code definition" has not grown
accordingly?  In ssc2r08e.pdf, we see only
"0110b-0111b" "Reserved".  We see no mention of
"1000b-1111b".

Is this merely an tupographical oversight, or is this
omission meaningful?

Curiously yours in awesome ignorance, Pat LaVarre

P.S. I see the text of "7.10 SPACE(16) command" also points
back to that table of "6.6 SPACE(6) command" to define
precisely half of all the values of its cdb[1] & xF
CODE field.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org