Persistent Reserve Out

Ulrich, David dulrich at lsil.com
Thu May 16 05:49:00 PDT 2002

* "Ulrich, David" <dulrich at lsil.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1FCD8.0CCEA7D0

Good morning Kenneth,

If the initiator is not registered, the reservation key field should be
zero and the service action key field is required to be a non zero
value.

If the initiator is already registered, the reservation key field must
contain the original key for verification purposes and the service
action key is allowed to be zero in order to unregister an initiator.

In answer to your question, I don't believe that there are any
circumstances that would allow both fields to be zero in the same
command.  However, I don't see it specifically spelled out as an error
with a description of the error code to be returned.

Best regards,

David Ulrich
LSI Logic Storage Systems Division