Response IU

Bill Galloway BillG at breatech.com
Wed May 15 16:48:48 PDT 2002

* "Bill Galloway" <BillG at breatech.com>
*
The reason to make it illegal is not to enforce some silly check but to
make hardware simpler.  There is no reason to make hardware handle the
case for both bits set if it never makes sense for them to both be set.

Throwing out nonsensical cases makes the hardware simpler.

Bill Galloway
BREA Technologies, Inc.
P: (281) 530-3063
F: (281) 988-0358