multi border response of ROM drive

Kazuhiro Chigita kchigita at easy.co.jp
Sun Mar 31 18:55:09 PST 2002

* "Kazuhiro Chigita" <kchigita at easy.co.jp>
*
Katata-san,

Thank you for posting your view.
I agree that MMC nor Fuji explains how the drive should handle the
multi-bordered DVD-R disc.
This issue needs to be either discussed on the reflector or call a meeting
to come up with
better description.
The MMC3 and Fuji are not clear as far as how the drive should fabricate the
TOC information when the multi-border written DVD-R is inserted.
Not only the ReadTOC command, but ReadTrackInfo command, could be clarified
for better
description as far as when the multi-bordered disc is inserted.

Kazuhiro Chigita
Easy Systems Japan