MD5 Logical Unit Identifier

Dave Peterson dap at cisco.com
Thu Mar 28 09:22:40 PST 2002

* "Dave Peterson" <dap at cisco.com>
*
Howdy Santosh,

The reason the product revision level is specified is that it is a field
that should always be available and as such will add to the entropy.
But, I agree with you that changing the firmware should not change the LU
identifier (at at all possible).
So, I could remove the product revision level and add
in the 1 byte peripheral qualifier/peripheral device type field. We would
lose some entropy, but given the vendor id, product id, and at least one of
the VPD page fields, all should still be well.

Thanks...dap

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org